About West Virginia View
West Virginia View is a consortium of public, private, and non-profit remote sensing organizations. We are a member of AmericaView. The consortium is currently ran by Aaron Maxwell, Assistant Professor in the Department of Geology and Geography at West Virginia Unviersity. Faith Hartley serves as a graduate research assistant and coordinate.
The West Virginia View consortium has the following objectives:
- Support remote sensing education, research, and outreach in West Virginia.
- Share remote sensing data and resources.
- Support students pursuing remote sensing or geospatial research.
- Develop free and open course and training materials associated with a wide range of geospatial topics and technologies.
- Share research results and associated publications, data, and code.
- Help develop the geospatial workforce in the state of West Virginia and beyond.
- Contribute to reaching the goals and objectives of AmericaView.
WV View is supported by AmericaView and the U.S. Geological Survey under Grant/Cooperative Agreement No. G18AP00077.
The views and conclusions contained in this document are those of the authors and should not be interpreted as representing the opinions or policies of the U.S. Geological Survey. Mention of trade names or commercial products does not constitute their endorsement by the U.S. Geological Survey.